Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring details...

I was recently commissioned to make a larger (than my normal fae scale) twig spinning wheel for wedding table decor. It measures about ten inches or 25 centimeters high and was an interesting change from the rather persnickety work I normally do with very tiny pieces! It made me long to make human scale furniture again but that will have to wait until I have a larger work space and materials storage. At any rate, this larger scale (although still miniature) spinning wheel could also be an interesting accessory for Blythe dolls and their kin--- or perhaps even Barbie might learn to enjoy some of the old craft!


Some details from the lovely Jardin des plantes de Nantes, where spring unfolds more wonders at an astonishing pace...

quince blossoms
German iris bud
buglosse/alkanet/anchusa officianalis
some most friendly young ducks!
poppy and primroses
salix alba/white willow
quince in the rain
tulip interior

No comments:

Post a Comment