Friday, May 21, 2010

The Merry Month of May

May has been a month of travel thus far---with internet connections few and far between. I feel the frustration of not being able to share as easily as I would like all the fascinating places I have had the privilege to see, yet who could be really unhappy in the midst of so much beauty? I am currently in the mountains of the South working out of our van on the property of friends who have created a truly charming home in an old water mill (more about that later, along with photos). During this stop I have designed and cut more paper shadow puppets and have almost completed a bevy of papier-mache heads for marionettes. Sometime in the next few days, in order to meet my schedule I must begin filming a stop motion paper animation (ready or not!) at another friend's apartment.
In the meantime, I would like to show you a few late afternoon photos of the lovely Chateau of Chambord, happily happened upon in the midst of travel. It deserves much more attention than I have time to give at present---it is a noteworthy site among the many lovely chateaux France has to offer. As you can see, Chambord is massive in size and has a truly memorable roof line of ornate windows, domes and lovely chimneys. So, until next we meet, enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment